ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (36/156) > >>

plk:
What about add proxy support?  

All these companies like Yahoo, Google, etc make their money by tracking and profiling people for targeted advertising and they love to have location data on you, like a ZIP CODE.  nice to send them a dummy IP.

skwire:
Hi, plk, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.  I'll add your request to the ToDo for now.  I'd have to set up a proxy server for testing, though, unless there is a trustworthy source out there.

Ath:
I'm using sWeather with a network-proxy both at work and at home, atm, and it has worked ever since day 1 with those configs. I can pass the proxy servers without authentication, though.
I've always assumed it uses the IE/Windows proxy settings, but I never asked nor checked :-[, but you could try that first, I guess?

skwire:
I'm using sWeather with a network-proxy both at work and at home, atm, and it has worked ever since day 1 with those configs. I can pass the proxy servers without authentication, though.
I've always assumed it uses the IE/Windows proxy settings, but I never asked nor checked :-[, but you could try that first, I guess?
-Ath (January 29, 2013, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's right; I do remember changing that for you a while back.  plk, sWeather should use what you have set for your IE proxy.  Are you not seeing this behaviour?

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.4.0 - 2013-01-31
    + Added export functionality to the expanded view.  Use the new toolbar
      button on the expanded view to choose between CSV and tab-delimited
      export formats.  (Thanks, Wish)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version