ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (28/156) > >>

skwire:
One small problem with the five-day display : the icons sometimes disappear after an automatic refresh, a manual refresh brings them back.-joiwind (August 14, 2012, 03:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I noticed this, too, and did put an extra window refresh command in there but it's still not 100%.

Suggestion for the GUI : that you move the small panel that is now middle-right with the arrows etc. up to top-right, that would be more consistent with the context (or something like that  :-\ ).-joiwind (August 14, 2012, 03:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ahhh, yes, the bane of my existence with this application.  I have struggled with the positioning of that button bar since I started writing this app.  I've tried it at the top, bottom, upper right, lower left, ad nauseum.  None have ever really looked "right."  Where it is now is where I'm the least displeased with it.  Notice that I didn't say happy with it.   :P

joiwind:
Where it is now is where I'm the least displeased with it.  Notice that I didn't say happy with it.   :P
-skwire (August 14, 2012, 07:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Cool ... nearly a double negative  ;D

Ath:
I'm very pleased with the way sWeather has developed. Nice :Thmbsup:

There's only one, maybe rather big, feature I'd like to request: A setting for Fahrenheit or Celcius/Metric per location, so I can easily see, and optionally quote, the 'actual' temperature for locations in the non-metric using parts of the world ;)
A possible alternative for this feature could be a tooltip displaying the 'other' value then the default display-metric, when hovering the mouse over it. A quick calculation from F to C or back would be just fine, polling the Yahoo API twice would be overkill, IMHO.

tomos:
Enjoying the weather here :) with sWeather, of course ;)

I have a question about the Yahoo site
-
does *anyone* know if it gives it's sources anywhere? - I mean the location of whatever weather station it uses?
I cant find anything on the page myself...

My problem is that, for the village I live in it currently says 26°C, for the nearest city it says 16°C. The city is less than 10 miles away, with no noticable difference in weather apart from usually being warmer due to being built-up.
So, something is quite wrong there, yet I would have thought that the forecast for a small city would be more accurate than the forecast for a village pop. 600...

I dont even have a thermometer to check, but it definitely is well over 20° here at the moment.

skwire:
What do you all think of this layout with buttons at the bottom?

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version