ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (13/156) > >>

kwacky1:
Here you go skwire, I asked them if we could use the feeds in your sWeather application, let me know if you want me to forward you the email.-kwacky1 (April 04, 2011, 04:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

This would be a private custom version just for you since that sites's RSS feeds are COMPLETELY different from Yahoo's.  In other words, I don't want to have to redo the entire sWeather interface to support multiple sites.  Hahaha...is it possible to hack one's own program?   ;D

Anyway, post or PM your location ID or town code/name that you use for that site.   :)
-skwire (April 04, 2011, 05:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the offer skwire, but I don't want you to go to the trouble just for me.

kwacky1  :Thmbsup:

ewemoa:
Trying out v1.0.6 build 1 (Unicode build) here and noticed that sometimes after waking from hibernation I see the following sort of thing in the notification area (is that an appropriate term?):

When I double-click on the right-hand icon, I typically see a window like:

Is this to be expected?

When trying to reproduce the situation, I think I had more luck if I waited a while before waking the PC from hibernation.

Thanks for your ongoing efforts  :Thmbsup:

skwire:
That's the result of sWeather not having an internet connection.  I really ought to clean it up a bit or notify the user in some way.  When you come out of hibernation and see that, does it work properly when you click the refresh button/glyph (or use the tray menu to refresh)?

ewemoa:
When you come out of hibernation and see that, does it work properly when you click the refresh button/glyph (or use the tray menu to refresh)?
-skwire (April 05, 2011, 09:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
I tried both and they both seemed to work.

ewemoa:
A minor point of confusion:

On a number of occasions when I go to look for the refreshing functionality in the main window, I end up looking through the menus and then (perhaps lamely) wonder how to refresh.  Somehow at first I thought each of the buttons were associated with items to their left (even though they don't really line up) and thus dismissed the possibility of the desired functionality being available via one of them.

I was thinking it might be a bit clearer if there were some border around the buttons or if the buttons were displayed more like a vanilla toolbar (though may be there's some downside to that?).

Does this seem pointless?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version