ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (8/156) > >>

Ath:
Nice table of useful information that you added, thanks.

1 request: Can the column widths be saved? The window size and position seem to be saved, but all adjusted columns are back to default width when re-opening the view.

PhilB66:
A minor request (I hope)... when clicking on the 'Full Forecast' link (from the main Window or the 'Expanded View' one), it takes you to the 'Forecast' page for your location but the unit is Fahrenheit. To see the forecast in Celsius requires another click  :(

Could you make sWeather adjust the link depending on the temperature unit?

Thanks.

skwire:
A minor request (I hope)... when clicking on the 'Full Forecast' link (from the main Window or the 'Expanded View' one), it takes you to the 'Forecast' page for your location but the unit is Fahrenheit. To see the forecast in Celsius requires another click  :(-PhilB66 (March 21, 2011, 06:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

The problem is that the forecast link that Yahoo provide in the RSS feed is an older link leading to a "301 Moved Permanently" page which then follows through to the new webpage location.  That's why you see the page change.  I wrote some code to follow it and get the new page (which I can manipulate for the proper temperature units) but it tends to hang up the app and I can't figure out why.

Antonimo:
Very nice app - Only "issue" that I have noticed is that the special characters used in my town's name is displaying very strangely.

The letter - ö - is displaying as ö

In working with websites, this is an issue with character sets. Although it does not affect the function of the app, it does look a little strange like this.

skwire:
Would you mind posting your WOEID (or in a PM to me)?  I'll try to make a Unicode build work for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version