ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (151/156) > >>

comp:
I had been using WeatherMate for years until I discovered sWeather which is the best weather program I have ever used. When I noticed that sWeather had stopped working I came back to WeatherMate only to discover that it was no longer working either. I contacted the developer- Ravi Bhavnani, who responded that he was working on a fix. So being deprived of my two weather programs which had been for the most part reliable, I started searching for alternatives. I came upon Tray Weather, which is open source and written in C++ but not portable and without reading the description I installed it only to find out that one needed to get an API key from OpenWeatherMap. After having a look at their Privacy Policy I decided that I didn't want their key and that Tray Weather was not for me so I uninstalled it without even testing it (at first glance I saw that it was bulky, it was not portable, it was limited). After researching some other alternatives which are not even worth mentioning I concluded that for the time being there is no real good alternative to sWeather and that I would have to rely on the inconvenience of web services like wttr.in (GitHub) which at least seamingly do not abuse user privacy (if such a beast has ever existed). If sWeather adopts OpenWeatherMap API I will have to ditch it. If someone has discovered a decent alternative to sWeather I would be grateful if they share their finding. On a side note I want to mention that Yahoo is really fabulous and proverbial- it ruined, burned and destroyed all the assets it once had.
-smaragdus (June 10, 2021, 05:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I found this tray-based weather program called Weather Bar:

https://weatherbarapp.com/

It's free and doesn't need anything else to work. The only thing I don't like about it that weather conditions there are displayed in white letters in the tray, and because of it it's almost impossible to see it in my light grey taskbar.

Biffle:
Yes, very nice program. Thank you. Can be used portable as well.

I very much like the bird flying over the forecast display.

comp:
Now if only they could fix the white color. They have a website where suggestions can be added, but it requires registration.

Biffle:
May be one can change the colors in Win itself?

comp:
I like my color as it is, I don't want to change it...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version