ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (147/156) > >>

Brothbeard:
I'm not sure if this is of any value but OpenWeatherMap.org appears free for the sort of volumes I imagine sweather generates. Apologies if I've accidentally repeated a previous suggestion.

skwire:
I'm not sure if this is of any value but OpenWeatherMap.org appears free for the sort of volumes I imagine sweather generates. Apologies if I've accidentally repeated a previous suggestion.
-Brothbeard (January 23, 2021, 12:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you, and, yep, that's one of the ones I'm looking at.   :)

phred13:
Yahoo! are shutting down their free weather API, which sWeather uses for its data. Unless I find another free weather API to use, sWeather will stop working. The problem is that all the free ones I've researched are extremely limited in 1) number of API hits per day and/or 2) the weather data that the free tier offers.  I already pay out of pocket yearly for a few other APIs for some of my others apps, so I'm not relishing the idea of paying for yet another one.
-skwire (January 23, 2021, 10:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the explanation. I'd be sorry to see sWeather go, but I certainly can understand your not wanting this to cost you more money. Have you considered accepting PayPal donations?

skwire:
Thanks for the explanation. I'd be sorry to see sWeather go, but I certainly can understand your not wanting this to cost you more money.-phred13 (January 23, 2021, 05:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

sWeather is one of the few apps I wrote for myself, as opposed to a coding request.  I still use it daily, so I plan to make it work with one of the APIs out there.

Have you considered accepting PayPal donations?-phred13 (January 23, 2021, 05:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

https://www.dcmembers.com/skwire/donate/

joiwind:
Just to jump in a bit late ! Skwire, have you looked at this ? :

https://openweathermap.org/price

The free option might be enough ?

All the best.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version