ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (138/156) > >>

Drugwash:
I have a few questions:
- how come on a technical/software forum board any reply (and private message) is limited to 65530 characters?
- how come certain attachment types (such as 7z, zip, ahk) yield an 'invalid attachment' message? (using a QtWeb 3.8.5 browser)

I had added the ability to select tray icon a few das ago. Earlier I had devised a much shorter code for the wind direction function, and earlier than that I had also compacted all the icon-creation function into a single one, saving a lot of redundant code. But I couldn't post the code for the above-mentioned reasons.
Who exactly is the culprit here and why?

mouser:
Hi Drugwash (interesting nickname.. is there a story behind it?).

The limits to post/message size are just part of the forum system we use.. It's a bit long in the tooth and old school, but I can't say I can remember it being an issue before.. That's a pretty huge message size and it's probably better to split up posts that get that big (it does not include image/attachment size in that limit of course).

You should be able to upload 7z, zip, and ahk files... Only a few extensions are blocked.  So maybe something else is going wrong?

ps.
I appreciate your contributions to improving the software posted here!  :up:

Drugwash:
Hi, Jesse, thanks for chiming in.
I chose this nickname for myself about twenty years ago when I saw the Internet couldn't cope with some special character in my real name. It's just my real first name (Dragoş in Romanian) in an English pronounciation.

Seeing we're talking about software here, at times we may want to post snippets of code, as examples or patches or whatever. Recently I wanted to post some code in an attempt to help solving some issues with the application at hand, namely sWeather. However, that code easily goes over the 64kB size so it can't be posted as is and splitting it is not feasible. And for some reason, when I tried to attach it in an alternative form (as ahk script or as 7z or zip package) the board consistently returned an error. Maybe my browser isn't supported by the board software, that's why I mentioned it above so that someone may perform a check.

I'm just trying to help, nothing more, but it's hard to impossible in such conditions. So please see if anything can be done in this regard or at least, if someone doesn't want me to post code, let them say it openly.
Thank you.

P.S. Cloudflare access for DC? That's new (and from my point of view, bad - disturbing and time consuming for a 15kB/s connection).

Ath:
as 7z or zip package
-Drugwash (February 07, 2019, 01:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Attaching files to posts, or inserting screenshots (png's) into the message, has never been an issue here, using Palemoon, Firefox or Chrome browsers.

Drugwash:
@ Ath: That's why I mentioned me using the QtWeb 3.8.5 browser. My hardware is quite old and limited, the OS is XP-SP3, therefore I prefer this very lightweight browser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version