ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (2/156) > >>

Ath:
WOW!  :Thmbsup:

This is great. At first I thought, Hey, my Windows 7 has a gadget that does that, why would I need sWeather???

But, experimenting away a bit, and finding the WOEID (even very close to the place I live!) and now actually seeing all the extra info I don't get from the Windows gadget, I think I have to toss out that gadget. THIS IS MUCH BETTER! :-* :-*

(And it is quite chilly in Codyville atm, -9 C)

skwire:
Thanks, folks.  :)  The "s" is sWeather stands for "simple" so there are no plans to add extra stuff like alerts, maps, etc.  I want to keep this at one small dialog.  About the only thing I would increase the size of the main dialog for would be a small five-day forecast.  Unfortunately, Yahoo! do not include that data in the RSS feeds that power this app.

If anybody creates a new set of icons/images for this app, I'd be happy to include it in the zip.  Keep in mind that each part of sWeather's theme is separate so you don't have to create all three parts.  The three parts are:

* Tray condition icons (ICO format)
* Tray temperature icons (ICO format)
* Popup condition images (PNG format)
You can find the condition codes here: http://developer.yahoo.com/weather/#codes

Study the contents of the /images folder and you'll get the idea; it's pretty simple.  If you use somebody else's images, please be sure to attain permission.  Thanks.

Ath:
there are no plans to add extra stuff like alerts, maps, etc
-skwire (March 03, 2011, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
There are just a few small things I'd like to ask, like an auto-refresh feature for the weather (or is it already there but the interval > 30 minutes?, a configuration setting would be nice) and a sort of non-offscreen check for the Options and About windows, as I've put the main window in the right-bottom of my screen (though that may change) and these other windows are half-invisible because they are placed relative to the main window.

skwire:
There are just a few small things I'd like to ask, like an auto-refresh feature for the weather (or is it already there but the interval > 30 minutes?-Ath (March 03, 2011, 04:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

I suppose I should mention this somewhere.  The interval is one hour since that's as often as Yahoo! Weather is updated.  That being said, there are two ways to force a refresh: switching locations & the tray menu.  I should add a refresh text on the main dialog, too, eh?  =]

a configuration setting would be nice) and a sort of non-offscreen check for the Options and About windows, as I've put the main window in the right-bottom of my screen (though that may change) and these other windows are half-invisible because they are placed relative to the main window.-Ath (March 03, 2011, 04:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll consider this.  =]

Ath:
Thanks, I have DcUpdater installed, so I should get it as soon after you release that :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version