ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (56/156) > >>

skwire:
works fine after a reboot, thanks!-kilele (January 08, 2014, 10:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

If it does that again, please send me your config.ini file before rebooting or shutting down sWeather.   ;)

Brothbeard:

Installed this last night and found this on my screen this morning. Presumably something missing but not sure what.

<<two days later>> It's happened twice now.

<<15/3>> Three times now.

Dirge:
I’ve encountered four minor bugs with sWeather v1.5.2.1:

1) When the mouse cursor is placed over the current Wind readout in the main window, the conversion message in the status bar at the bottom of the window says “Converted visibility: [...]” instead of “Converted wind: [...]”, though it does give the properly converted wind speed.

2) When the text message (“PM Thunderstorms,” “Few Showers,” “Scattered Thunderstorms,” etc.) in the extended forecast box for a given day is more than two lines/rows of text long, the additional lines are cut off and can’t be read; all that can be seen is the top two or three rows of pixels of the third line of text. Perhaps a change could be made to show the complete text in the status bar when mousing over such truncated text(?).

3) When the main window is displayed and the mouse cursor is off to the side (not hovering over the window), the message in the status bar doesn’t always display “Conditions as of: [date & time of last Yahoo! update]” (as I suspect it should); it often displays the Converted temp of some random day of the week.

4) The “Feels like” temperature displayed on the main window is always the same as the actual current temperature (for all locations) and does not reflect the “Feels like” temperature on the Yahoo! Full forecast Web page.

While I’m at it, I have three simple (to me, pains in the butt to you) feature requests:

1) The ancient mariner in me would like to see latitude and longitude displayed in degrees° minutes' seconds" N/S E/W format.

2) A Moon Phase indicator in the main window, preferably an icon with text (e.g., “Waxing Crescent”), but text-only would get the job done too.

3) A Precipitation indicator in the main window showing the amount of precipitation received in the last 24 hours or since midnight (or both). The Yahoo! Full forecast Web page doesn’t seem to show this info, so I don’t know if this info is available in its feed, but the associated Weather Channel page does provide this info.

I like the simple and efficient nature of sWeather, especially as I have an old, out-of-date computer that doesn't handle lots of fancy graphics too well. Thanks for going to the trouble of providing the program.

Windows XP (SP3)
Athlon XP CPU (w/SSE but not SSE2 and above support)

skwire:
Hi, Dirge, and welcome to DonationCoder.   :D

1) When the mouse cursor is placed over the current Wind readout in the main window, the conversion message in the status bar at the bottom of the window says “Converted visibility: [...]” instead of “Converted wind: [...]”, though it does give the properly converted wind speed.-Dirge (June 30, 2014, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice catch.  I'll fix this.

2) When the text message (“PM Thunderstorms,” “Few Showers,” “Scattered Thunderstorms,” etc.) in the extended forecast box for a given day is more than two lines/rows of text long, the additional lines are cut off and can’t be read; all that can be seen is the top two or three rows of pixels of the third line of text. Perhaps a change could be made to show the complete text in the status bar when mousing over such truncated text(?).-Dirge (June 30, 2014, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll see what I can do.

3) When the main window is displayed and the mouse cursor is off to the side (not hovering over the window), the message in the status bar doesn’t always display “Conditions as of: [date & time of last Yahoo! update]” (as I suspect it should); it often displays the Converted temp of some random day of the week.-Dirge (June 30, 2014, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

This requires a bit of explanation.  For sWeather to change the statusbar text like it does, it captures the WM_MOUSEMOVE message.  What you're seeing is when you move the mouse away from the main form fast enough that it doesn't capture all those messages (which tells the app where the cursor is).  Once the mouse it outside the main form, it no longer receives those messages.  I suppose I could put a timer on there to watch for such but that seems like overkill, IMO, for this issue.

4) The “Feels like” temperature displayed on the main window is always the same as the actual current temperature (for all locations) and does not reflect the “Feels like” temperature on the Yahoo! Full forecast Web page.-Dirge (June 30, 2014, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've noticed this as well.  Unfortunately, the Yahoo! RSS feeds powering sWeather don't have quite the same data as their Full Forecast pages.  You'd think they would...but they don't.

1) The ancient mariner in me would like to see latitude and longitude displayed in degrees° minutes' seconds" N/S E/W format.

2) A Moon Phase indicator in the main window, preferably an icon with text (e.g., “Waxing Crescent”), but text-only would get the job done too.

3) A Precipitation indicator in the main window showing the amount of precipitation received in the last 24 hours or since midnight (or both). The Yahoo! Full forecast Web page doesn’t seem to show this info, so I don’t know if this info is available in its feed, but the associated Weather Channel page does provide this info.-Dirge (June 30, 2014, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

1) I can add an option for this.  To save me some research time, is there an easy way to convert the current data to this format?
2) The Yahoo! RSS feed does not contain this data.
3) The Yahoo! RSS feed does not contain this data.

I like the simple and efficient nature of sWeather, especially as I have an old, out-of-date computer that doesn't handle lots of fancy graphics too well. Thanks for going to the trouble of providing the program.-Dirge (June 30, 2014, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're very welcome.  Thanks for giving it a thorough tryout.   :Thmbsup:

skwire:
Installed this last night and found this on my screen this morning. Presumably something missing but not sure what.-Brothbeard (March 10, 2014, 06:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Welcome to DonationCoder, Brothbeard, and apologies for missing your post.  I'll have this issue fixed in the next build.  Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version