ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (51/156) > >>

joiwind:
Hi skwire - just a small bug (that may have been reported already) :

if you enable the date/time etc in the titlebar, the time doesn't keep up with the system time until a refresh (either manual or weather data refresh).

No big deal.

skwire:
Hi skwire - just a small bug (that may have been reported already) :
if you enable the date/time etc in the titlebar, the time doesn't keep up with the system time until a refresh (either manual or weather data refresh).
-joiwind (December 11, 2013, 05:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is actually by design so let me explain.  Rather than code up my own time zone functionality (which would be a HUGE pain in the ass given all the different time zones in the world, daylight saving, etc.), sWeather uses Time Zone API found here: http://www.worldweatheronline.com/time-zone-api.aspx.  I simply pass it the latitude and longitude coordinates I get from the weather location and it sends me back the time.  It's easy and works very well (keeping up with all the different time zone idiosyncrasies of the world).  I use the free API which has a limited number of API calls per hour so I only query it when the weather is refreshed.  I also didn't want sWeather running a per-second loop to update that in real-time, either.  In other words, sWeather isn't a full-fledged world clock.  However, now that you mention it, I could put a help button next to that option explaining this limitation.  I hope that helps to explain things a bit.   :)

joiwind:
^ OK - thanks skwire for the very clear, interesting and instructive reply  :Thmbsup:

GHammer:
Not sure if this has been reported.
I am on Windows 8.1 x64
I have Steam installed and use it to play Civilization V
When sWeather is running Civ crashes when loading saved games.

If I exit sWeather, the saved games load fine.

skwire:
Not sure if this has been reported.
I am on Windows 8.1 x64
I have Steam installed and use it to play Civilization V
When sWeather is running Civ crashes when loading saved games.

If I exit sWeather, the saved games load fine.-GHammer (December 12, 2013, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Very strange.  Does it only happen with Civ V?  I do have Steam and it seems to work fine with sWeather running.  Unfortunately, I do not own Civ V nor do I have Windows 8+.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version