ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (41/156) > >>

skwire:
I guess it requires a program restart before that takes effect. I didn't expect that or I would have done that before now!-J-Mac (June 22, 2013, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, it shouldn't require a restart...that's the problem.  I'll do some more testing.  Which OS are you running?

J-Mac:
Windows 7 x64.

Thanks!

Jim

dshoup:
I just installed sWeather...really nice program!  I am, however, having a problem...the system tray icon does not seem to update automatically.  I have it set to update every 15 minutes, but it does not update even after 4-6 hours.  If I open the program and manually refresh, everything works perfectly.  I just can't seem to figure out how to get it to do this on its own.  FYI, I'm running Windows 8 64-bit, I do not use a proxy server, and I have sWeather 1.4.3 build 5 (Unicode build) "installed" in my documents folder with a single location (in the United States).  Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

skwire:
I just installed sWeather...really nice program!-dshoup (July 05, 2013, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thank you, dshoup, and welcome to the DonationCoder website.

I am, however, having a problem...the system tray icon does not seem to update automatically.  I have it set to update every 15 minutes, but it does not update even after 4-6 hours.  If I open the program and manually refresh, everything works perfectly.  I just can't seem to figure out how to get it to do this on its own.  FYI, I'm running Windows 8 64-bit, I do not use a proxy server, and I have sWeather 1.4.3 build 5 (Unicode build) "installed" in my documents folder with a single location (in the United States).  Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?-dshoup (July 05, 2013, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

sWeather hasn't been tested on Windows 8 so that could be a/the problem.  However, on a hunch, change the tray temperature theme to something other than "Default" and let me know if that solves the issue.  Also, are you using a laptop (or sleep/hibernation mode)?

dshoup:
Well, tried switching to the minicat tray theme...no change.  I still have to manual refresh.  I guess we may have to chalk this one up to Windows 8.  To answer your questions, I am using a desktop computer.  I do use hybrid sleep over night.  sWeather appears to update in the morning when I first wake things up, but it never updates again after that.  Let me know if you would like any additional information for debugging purposes if/when you get around to looking at Win8 compatibility.  I can live with it for now as I realize much of the world is not moving to Win8 any time soon and you may have more productive ways to spend your time :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version