ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Cannot change DC avatar to new uploaded picture.

<< < (2/3) > >>

housetier:
Well for the record: it seems to work just fine in my case now :)

alivingspirit:
Well for the record: it seems to work just fine in my case now :)
-housetier (March 02, 2011, 07:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hmmm... I guess I will try again later then.

alivingspirit:
Thats weird. I just noticed that my avatar is now changed without me doing anything. I could be that after I changed it there was a delay in the change but my old avatar picture was defiantly visible when I logged off last night. I will try again with video and see if I can replicate it.

mouser:
I think that's the mystery solved -- it's a cache issue.

The new changes to the way forum avatars are stored and displayed means that the avatar for a particular user will always be the url:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/useravatars/avatar_USERID.png

So when you upload a new avatar, unlike before you will not get a different filename for your avatar, it will merely overwrite the contents of your old image.

So it's very likely that you will see your cached older image until the browser refreshes it.

jgpaiva:
That explains it. I was wondering why you were complaining about it not working when it appeared to have worked for me.
I've been seeing your (alivingspirit and housetier) current avatars since you first posted in this thread :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version