ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Should I add ads to my website?

(1/4) > >>

timns:
A question for the intelligentsia:

I have been asked if I would like to host an ad page on my cartoon site: Head in the Clouds

Apparently I would have to post some pre-defined text in my blog, and have it linked to a page where you are invited to download some wallpapers.

I actually removed google ads from my site a couple of years back - they were making it look a bit crummy. But this was an interesting, generous and slightly flattering offer from a large telecoms company so I promised I'd give it some thought.

I also figured it would be quite a fun thing to run as a poll - how do you guys feel?

mouser:
To me this is a really easy answer and that is: YES, TRY IT!!

Try it and see what the results are.  Would be silly not to.

Only then will you get to the potentially much more difficult question of whether it's worth keeping an ad on your site.  That's when the hard question comes.

timns:
To me this is a really easy answer and that is: YES, TRY IT!!

Try it and see what the results are.  Would be silly not to.

Only then will you get to the potentially much more difficult question of whether it's worth keeping an ad on your site.  That's when the hard question comes.
-mouser (February 28, 2011, 04:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Problem is that I would have to commit for a year. Sorry, I should've mentioned that in the original post. Well, or can it and presumably have to pay all the money back  :D

mouser:
A year is a long commitment.  But if you can always cancel and refund their money without any hard feelings, then it's really not a problem and still seems easily worth a try.  The main thing i would be concerned with is making sure you can stop if it brings in no money.

Personally i don't see how there is any harm in putting ads on your website.. If it were a site where a single user is re-visiting it 100 times a day it could get annoying, but otherwise i don't see any harm at all.

Renegade:
+1 for do it.

I'm putting ads on the site I'm currently working on. I gave up ads years ago after a brief trial, but I'm going to give it a shot again with a much more deliberate approach.

I never put ads on NSFW site URLhttp://www.fucksatan.com/
. Mind you, I really should go back and redo the site as well...

But it boils down to the fact that ads really do help support a site. Imagine that ads there replaced all your other income. You'd be free to dedicate yourself to the site.

Another way to look at it:

Money = Freedom

You're not putting "ads" on the site -- you're making an escape route -- putting little freedom factories on it~! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version