ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Shortcomings of DC and How to Improve

<< < (23/35) > >>

Armando:
The "home" page might be important... However, maybe it's just me, but I very rarely see/use it.
I'm mostly in the forum, and I navigate from there... My home page "is" the forum -- especially since I can access everything from the forum. I wonder about others...

tomos:
The "home" page might be important... However, maybe it's just me, but I very rarely see/use it.
I'm mostly in the forum, and I navigate from there... My home page "is" the forum -- especially since I can access everything from the forum. I wonder about others...
-Armando (March 03, 2011, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

the idea of changing the home page is for new visitors. I think it would be good to make it more dynamic, or at least to lead people more towards the software, and the forum

timns:
@tomos: exactly. It's where the new visitors start - let's really show 'em what we've got. The software list is much bigger than perhaps a lot of people realise.

cranioscopical:
-Armando (March 03, 2011, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same with me, so I am entirely unaffected by any changes.
If the page can be improved for new visitors, by making DC easier to navigate/friendlier/more infomative, then I'm all for it.

mahesh2k:
I also think that the wiki approach of collating some of the useful knowledge that tends to get smeared throughout longer threads is a very good one
--- End quote ---

I think wiki is a must because this will save a lot of time on support threads. I also think wiki should be locked to chosen editors to avoid spam. I was also thinking about osqa instead of wiki but i guess others will not agree on stackoverflow like stuff here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version