ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Shortcomings of DC and How to Improve

<< < (19/35) > >>

lotusrootstarch:
Also the site has developed itself, over the years, into such an inflexible framework (based on the old SMF 1.x forum implementation since 2005) with loads of custom features integrated (such as donationcredits system, search mod, badges mod, blog authoring components etc.), making it such a burden to even think about moving the site forward beyond very occasional minor enhancements.

While it's totally understandable, please keep mind that various forum software out there (e.g. SMF 2.0) are rapidly evolving inside and out making forum functionalities and forum management processes so much more user-friendly, powerful and streamlined than what we have here, and all the new userland developments will be based these new frameworks.

We are basically sitting on the back of a dynasaur here waiting to be phased out. General appeal and user experience does matter big time on the web like it or not, and the standards for which are set by what others are doing not by our own "contented stagnation".

That's just a thought about the website itself.

app103:
Let's see now, lotusrootstarch...

* You don't like the main page.
* You don't like the software and/or software page.
* You don't like the reviews page.
* You don't like the forum.
* You don't like our events.
You have found fault with all of these and want us to throw them all away and start from scratch.

Is there anything you do like? Are we doing anything right in your eyes?

phitsc:
Although I really don't care much, I tend to agree with lotusrootstarch on the point he made above. It's really not a question of liking, but rather seems to be a fact (seems as in I don't really know) that the technology used by the site is rather old, and as such a restriction on what would be possible. Although a modern look is not essential for this site in my opinion, simply because the site lives from its great community, it certainly is a pity and could turn off new users.

lotusrootstarch:
Let's see now, lotusrootstarch...

* You don't like the main page.
* You don't like the software and/or software page.
* You don't like the reviews page.
* You don't like the forum.
* You don't like our events.
You have found fault with all of these and want us to throw them all away and start from scratch.

-app103 (March 03, 2011, 03:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Let's see app, how much can you sell a Toyota Camry 2000 in 2010, same config?

app103:
Let's see app, how much can you sell a Toyota Camry 2000 in 2010, same config?
-lotusrootstarch (March 03, 2011, 04:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Irrelevant, unless you are a greedy stock holder wanting this place to get spruced up with a coat of paint so it can be sold off to the highest bidder and make you rich.

But I think a better question would be...what is craigslist worth? That hasn't changed one bit in many years.

You still didn't answer my questions...

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version