ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Shortcomings of DC and How to Improve

<< < (17/35) > >>

timns:
licensing thingy work for them?
--- End quote ---

the license key can actually be invoked easily enough from a DLL;  but first we have to figure out to what extent we are going to continue the free license keys.  there have been a few non-mouser apps that use the license key system (Mobysaurus Thesaurus, etc.).
-mouser (March 01, 2011, 05:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

But then my OS-agnostic game and application are tied to Windows.

mouser:
Good point.  the license key code is actually platform neutral c++, but still, it's not painless.
It sure would be nice to revisit the idea of license keys and do away with them if we could..

app103:
licensing thingy work for them?
--- End quote ---

the license key can actually be invoked easily enough from a DLL;  but first we have to figure out to what extent we are going to continue the free license keys.  there have been a few non-mouser apps that use the license key system (Mobysaurus Thesaurus, etc.).
-mouser (March 01, 2011, 05:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd consider it for my stuff, but there are 2 problems with it:

1. I haven't written anything I feel is big enough to be worthy of it.
2. I am not always as smart as people give me credit for, so figuring out how to add it to anything is still an obstacle (also the reason behind #1).

timns:
Good point.  the license key code is actually platform neutral c++, but still, it's not painless.
It sure would be nice to revisit the idea of license keys and do away with them if we could..
-mouser (March 01, 2011, 05:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

If it's C++ it could probably become Java... and I do like the idea of a consistent licensing scheme. IF you think the software is appopriate to the DC 'brand'. I'd like to think Auspex would be a suitable candidate (and of course that IS a Windows-only application)  :Thmbsup:

barney:
About phitsc's post ...

Interesting concepts ... and the first real specifics that have been mentioned, methinks  :-\.  Generalities of the, "You should do better," nature don't really admit of much discussion.  When the what could be better is specified, then there are grounds for discourse.  To date, save for your comments, I haven't seen any  :o.

But, then, I am significantly myopic  :D.

I'm also very late to reply, sorry  :-[.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version