ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Shortcomings of DC and How to Improve

<< < (13/35) > >>

wraith808:
There are only 2 names on that very short list, and I think it would be safe to say you are not wraith808.  ;)
-app103 (February 28, 2011, 09:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

There are more, I would assume... anything supporting or above would apply, I'd think (charter members may not have donated, but I'd assume that most have).

mouser:
Regarding "outing" people who wish to be anonymous -- I don't believe in it unless they are hurting someone, and lotus isn't.  So i suggest no one start trying to prove who someone is or isn't.

Lotus, I think it would be easier to talk with you and take your criticisms seriously if you didn't have multiple accounts and keep telling us about how you are really a long time member but don't want to say who you really are.  But if that's what you want to do, i don't think it's our job to try to figure out what other usernames you may have gone by here.  Though I don't see the point of it and I think it's in poor taste for you to keep talking about the fact that you are known here under a different name.

mouser:
I think it's time for me at least to leave this thread alone for a while so that i can concentrate on some of the work that needs to be done for the fundraiser.  This particular discussion hasn't exactly been a welcome diversion or come at a particularly good time.. but i would like to return to the discussion of how to improve the site after things calm down a bit and i can focus more productively on what can be done to improve the site.

lotusrootstarch:
Godspeed.

Target:
I hope I'm wrong, but this is starting to sound a bit personal - if Lotusrootstarch has a personal issue with someone here then this isn't the forum.

Lotus, I think it would be easier to talk with you and take your criticisms seriously if you didn't have multiple accounts and keep telling us about how you are really a long time member but don't want to say who you really are.-mouser (February 28, 2011, 09:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Mouser makes a good point here - it's unfortunate but potentially contentious posts like we've been seeing from Lotus can erode trust within the community simply because individuals can no longer trust that the individuals we're speaking with are who they say they are. 

Perhaps we should take a different tack here -

* What is your 'vision' of what DC could or should be?
* Just how do you define success?
* How would that apply to DC?
* How do you anticipate this level of success would benefit the member community?
Note the separation between the first and second points - these are very distinct questions and need to be addressed as such

Personally I don't see anything wrong with the existing setup, but I'm ignorant of your viewpoint so help me change my mind

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version