ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Shortcomings of DC and How to Improve

<< < (3/35) > >>

lotusrootstarch:
Hi mouser,

I can understand where you come from... and I know there're *plans*, but may I challenge you to defer the fundraiser until something big is released officially.

Sorry, I just don't understand why all these plans are deferred/delayed but not the fundraiser, which has a set time, set goal, and gets done without delay.

lotusrootstarch:
I hope that the overwhelming majority of people who have donated to the site feel like they have gotten more than their money's worth (or that they will ask for a refund if they don't!)
--- End quote ---

I respectfully disagree. As I said I donated two times previously, and just donated yet again for the third time under this username. Even though I'm a lot dissatisfied with a innovation and the progress of the site I've never thought about getting my donations back.

A donation is a donation and is not meant be asked back, it's risky to assume that donors are happy just because they are not brazen enough to ask money back.

wraith808:
Hi mouser,

I can understand where you come from... and I know there're *plans*, but may I challenge you to defer the fundraiser until something big is released officially.

Sorry, I just don't understand why all these plans are deferred/delayed but not the fundraiser, which has a set time, set goal, and gets done without delay.
-lotusrootstarch (February 27, 2011, 10:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just don't understand that your ire over the changes which *you* point out, that are *not necessarily the focus of most of the visitors to the site* are the most important just because you're being a squeaky wheel?  If you don't agree with the fundraiser, don't donate?  That seems like the easiest approach instead of a campaign of negative posting?  Or maybe volunteer, as all of the things that happen on the site are on a volunteer basis?  Be part of the solution- not part of the problem.  If the reviews are bothering you- make some!

The major portion of the site that is of great use is the forums.  Reviews are updated there.  Software is updated there.  A lot (most) of the fundraiser is held there.  People get help there, and software is downloaded from there.  There is value in the community itself, and the things needed to support it- more than a portal page.  And the users of the site congregate at the forum- not at the portal page that you pointed out.  That's why the forums get the most focus.  And I know that I've received a lot of value from that section- the main portion of the site was just what drew me here, more than what keeps me a part of the community.

Another couple of questions- you are concerned about the community; are you a part of it under whatever pseudonym that you donated under?  Are you afraid of repercussions if you were critical under that user name?

lotusrootstarch:
wraith808:

I was here much longer than you know. I volunteered/helped on this site way more than you know. You just don't know it, period.

wraith808:
wraith808:

I was here much longer than you know. I volunteered/helped on this site way more than you know. You just don't know it, period.
-lotusrootstarch (February 27, 2011, 10:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's why I'm asking, not accusing.  Why not answer rather than just give a brush off?  If what you say is true (and I'm not challenging or saying it's not... just... wondering), then why not use that username?  Why not come forward and give your opinions?  Critical thought is very important to the survival of any venture, and one would think that the people with the most experience would have the most critical thought as resources to the site- so appropriately framed criticism would be welcome, and very much discussed, I'd think.  But even in the way that you responded to me- does having this other id make you feel free to be disparaging in a non-friendly nor respectful manner?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version