ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Shortcomings of DC and How to Improve

(1/35) > >>

lotusrootstarch:
One last thought -- I think it might be productive to have a thread on things we are doing poorly here on DC -- and ways we could improve.  There is always room for that.
-mouser (February 25, 2011, 02:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Why don't we start by compiling such a list, let's say,by Day 2? Or a tangible action plan to improve the site (excluding software/site maintenance)? Or a list of new major apps (> 2000 downloads) that have been released since the last fundraiser, etc.?

Or maybe revamp the Reviews section?
https://www.donationcoder.com/Reviews/index.html

Most of the entries in the reviews section are way outdated, except for the first entry which was posted in 2006, the rest were all posted in or before 2007! What happened in the last 4 years in this section?

I know there are big plans to rebuild the section, on and off, off and on since 2006:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2317.msg15812#msg15812

And then?

And please, please, post a big list of detailed improvements to the site/offerings for the last 4 years (since the first fundraiser), or this fundraiser is really looking like a bit tongue-in-cheek to me. I don't represent the donors but I don't think it's good idea to drive up the enthusiasm and expectations of donors every time during the fundraisers with not much come to pass afterwards.

mouser:
Lotus im going to move your post to a brand new thread about improving the site -- i don't think this thread is the right place for it.

lotusrootstarch:
Lotus im going to move your post to a brand new thread about improving the site -- i don't think this thread is the right place for it.
-mouser (February 27, 2011, 09:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah right, then nobody cares. It's blast to oblivion by a single button. Go for it.

lotusrootstarch:
Why don't you address any of the problems I listed instead of silence them?

mouser:
im not trying to silence them i just made a brand new thread so we can discuss them properly and given them their own topic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version