ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Fundraiser ONE-A-DAY Planning Calendar, Please Volunteer

(1/15) > >>

mouser:
We were discussing here and here the idea of doing a special new-app-per-day or new-minireview-per-day event during the month of March to celebrate the fundraiser.

What I thought would make a little more sense and be a little more manageable and easy to convey is the new idea, SOMETHING-NEW-EACH-DAY of the fundraiser.

So the goal will be to each day have something new, either a new app, coding snack, mini-review, giveaway, screencast, software update, etc.

So we have 31 days to fill, and maybe we can actually try to build a little calendar here to try to get people to help volunteer for days, and i will work to fill in when no one steps up.

When March starts, the new item for each day will be added to the jump-off page for the fundraiser.

* March 1 - Mouser - Newsletter
* March 2 - Timns - Mini-Review
* March 3 - Skwire - Software
* March 4 - ATH - Software
* March 5 - Tomos - MiniReview
* March 6 - Timns - HowTo
* March 7 - Mouser - Software
* March 8 - Stoic Joker - Software
* March 9 - JGPaiva - Software
* March 10 -Timns - Software
* March 11 - Cranioscopical - Mini-Reviews
* March 12 - Mouser - Software
* March 13 - Mouser - MiniReview
* March 14 -
* March 15 - Timns - MiniReview
* March 16 - Skwire - Software
* March 17 - Wraith - Writeup
* March 18 - Skwire - Software
* March 19 - Ath - Software
* March 20 - siesta
* March 21 - Mouser - Software
* March 22 - phitsc - MiniReview
* March 23 - Mouser - Software
* March 24 - Skwire (Software) and Phitsc (reviews)
* March 25 - Skwire - Software
* March 26 - siesta
* March 27 - Skwire - Software
* March 28 - Mouser - Newsletter 2 and Giveaway opens
* March 29 - JavaJones - Review
* March 30 - Mouser - Software
* March 31 -
* April 2 - Fundraiser Giveaway
Ok so now I need people to start volunteering to release something new on a given day -- a mini-review, coding snack, etc.; The earlier the better obviously so we have more time to fill in later days, and creating something ahead of time so you can stand in for anyone who drops out would be good.

Who's ready to pick a date or two?

housetier:
I think it should be possible to have several items per day. So someone makes a review, another one can blog about the fundraiser, DC in general, or even about this particular review.

skwire:
I think it should be possible to have several items per day.-housetier (February 27, 2011, 09:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed...but I think we need to fill all current slots before doubling up on any.

mouser:
House, I'm trying to live by the advice of my mother who was always smart about such things; it's surprisingly hard advice to follow: Under-promise, Over-deliver.

Put simply -- it means everyone is happier when you surprise them by delivering more than you promised and they expected.  While at the same time, no matter how amazing a job you do, if you made the mistake of promising them something outlandish the the beginning, they will be disappointed.

So let's just focus on doing one new little thing per day during March, and if we have more by the time we are done, all the better.

Target:
<moved to relevant thread>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version