ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Serial Key Storage for Windows

<< < (4/6) > >>

wraith808:
It's tiny, reliable, and does one thing extremely well - which makes it a perfect app for portable use. Everything is stored in the executable so there's no separate datafile to go looking for. Sweet! :up:
 (see attachment in previous post)
fSekrit is a small application for keeping securely encrypted notes. These notes are truly stand-alone; the editor program and your note are merged together into a tiny self-contained program file, bypassing the need to install a special application to view your data. This makes fSekrit ideal for keeping encrypted notes on, for example, USB flash drives.
--- End quote ---

Luck! :Thmbsup:

-40hz (February 25, 2011, 06:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

I just realized that you have obscured the directory, but not the keys!  Will that be problematic?

f0dder:
It's tiny, reliable, and does one thing extremely well - which makes it a perfect app for portable use. Everything is stored in the executable so there's no separate datafile to go looking for. Sweet! :up:
 (see attachment in previous post)
fSekrit is a small application for keeping securely encrypted notes. These notes are truly stand-alone; the editor program and your note are merged together into a tiny self-contained program file, bypassing the need to install a special application to view your data. This makes fSekrit ideal for keeping encrypted notes on, for example, USB flash drives.
--- End quote ---

Luck! :Thmbsup:

-40hz (February 25, 2011, 06:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

I just realized that you have obscured the directory, but not the keys!  Will that be problematic?
-wraith808 (March 02, 2011, 02:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
Looks like bogus example keys to me - have never seen Microsoft ECC product keys without numbers in them :)

J-Mac:
Does fSekrit work on Windows 7?

Thanks!

Jim

Stoic Joker:
Does fSekrit work on Windows 7?-J-Mac (March 03, 2011, 01:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes! All editions.

Ath:
@All responses & rjbull Thanks for all the tips you gave.
I've now tried MemPad and DateReminder, but they just not give me the right feeling about them that I can safely distribute them in my team. It's a bit vulnerable that all data is stored in a text(like) file.

Guess we will be staying with the current setup of a central KeePass database, and a set of repeating Outlook appointments for our team-lead. These appointments have to be manually maintained, and passed on when changing team-lead, but that shouldn't happen too often ;), biggest disadvantage is that the reminders only pop-up at the calendar of the person(s) that scheduled the reminders, not from a central calendar (we have a team-mailbox and -calendar in our Exchange server, never got group-notifications working).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version