ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Serial Key Storage for Windows

<< < (3/6) > >>

cmpm:
Here's free one by Avanquest.
Not sure if it's still valid-should be.
The promo is in German,
but you can usually get the language of your choice when installing.

Some of these promos stay in German, just have to try them.

http://freebiest.com/software/autosave-essentials-free-license-giveaway.html

TucknDar:
I use ListPro. Not free, and not specifically for this purpose, but as the name suggests it's ideal for lists of any kind.

rjbull:
I use an encrypted file in Horst Schaeffer's MemPad.  It's a small, free, portable, two-pane organiser.  Useful for keeping dated copies of e-mails relating to licence key purchase, as well as the keys themselves.  Doesn't do automatic field-filling, of course, but I don't need that for license keys anyway.

Ath:
If both of Horst Schaeffer's MemPad and DateReminder utilities could be combined, to give reminders, 1 or 2 months before a license is about to expire, or offer a plug-in for MS Outlook, so timely warnings would display on my screen or Agenda, then that would finally be very useful!

We have some yearly expiring software licenses, that I can only detect of being expired by users complaining that they can't contact the service >:( And that service is then immediately needed to update the local license because the IDE at hand won't run without it >:( And then the update-process of the license at the manufacturer's website, even though I reported the errors several times now, won't give a new license key, so I have to wait (and my users) for the supportdesk to supply me a new key.
Yes we are trying to get rid of them, but this is about their only product we aren't able to get rid of, because of the specific featureset. :o

rjbull:
If both of Horst Schaeffer's MemPad and DateReminder utilities could be combined-Ath (February 27, 2011, 01:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

I suggested that once, but Horst pointed out that you couldn't rely on Reminder pointing to a particular page in MemPad because the page in question might have been moved in the meantime.  So, the two programs would have to be combined at a deeper level.  Perhaps you could suggest that  :)  I used to use JBLab Secure Notes (payware: this is the original link but it's now dead) which was a small two-pane PIM with reminders built into it, plus other useful features, but I abandoned it in favour of MemPad because there was no development and a point came when it started to be difficult to transfer data out of it into anything else.  You could consider AllMyNotes Organizer, also payware.  I haven't tried it, but reminders are mentioned in the Help index.
How to... assign Alarms?
[...]
Multiple alarm objects can be inserted to the Note and placed at any text position.

Each alarm can be single-date event, or repeat daily, weekly, monthly, or annually. Also interval between alarms, and alarm end date (for repeating alarms) can be set. [...]
--- End quote ---
The author of AllMyNotes Organizer occasionally posts on DC, and has posted links for discounts in the past.

reminders, 1 or 2 months before a license is about to expire
--- End quote ---

You can set that in Reminder, but I'm not sure you can trigger anything to run automatically.  You can launch things, but only by an extra, manual, action.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version