ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Most Pirated Software?

<< < (8/13) > >>

Bamse:
I don't get that I think - was Office 2000 really only 57mb? You need to update Java is all I see :)

Good for you app103 and your transformation to join the good people lead by Mouser - as opposed to the evil ones DC as a whole don't like. It is that black and white view I object to and also think is out of touch with reality, DC included. Not much lost in kicking out pirated programs but you know that because ? Regular users who might barely know what bundled crap computer came with have more problems separating good from bad on horrible download sites where main focus is affiliate deals and ads. That and lousy Google searches/ads is the alternative for many. Friends of the devs so must be careful not to complain but from a consumer point of view what is safest? There is at best a phase to go through to see the light. Most will probably find a warez forum easier to navigate. Ease of use and argument of too much payware crap, not the same as people won't pay up, as reasoning I can understand. Actually also count freeware crap, that must also be diagnosed in details before it can be considered safe and clean to install.

app103:
Good for you app103 and your transformation to join the good people lead by Mouser - as opposed to the evil ones DC as a whole don't like. It is that black and white view I object to and also think is out of touch with reality, DC included.
-Bamse (February 25, 2011, 02:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Did you just call me out of touch with reality?  :huh:

Bamse:
If you believe in the black and white way of looking at this yes. But it was more wondering about your choice of words than concluding anything. Why is it relevant to say these are good people? and what has Mousers influence to do with anything? He has nothing to do with piracy, neither has DC as such. Just part of the general user base :) Not special I don't think.

app103:
If you believe in the black and white way of looking at this yes. But it was more wondering about your choice of words than concluding anything. Why is it relevant to say these are good people? and what has Mousers influence to do with anything? He has nothing to do with piracy, neither has DC as such. Just part of the general user base :) Not special I don't think.
-Bamse (February 25, 2011, 02:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

You don't hang out in the IRC channel as much as some of us do, so you probably wouldn't understand why I said what I said in the way I said it.

Not special I don't think.
--- End quote ---

That's where you are wrong...so very wrong.

Bamse:
Well irc comforting peace and consensus on piracy probably is nice to experience. Does it take a whole 5 secs to reach agreement? Good for the group, useless in coming up with ideas on how to monetize/convert piracy ;) I believe most people are more than willing to pay for good stuff but also that they are not ready do so just because they see an ad-ridden site or a donate button. What I said about the current market place. It sucks. People are generally good and sane. Anyway, issue, including those who pirate, is more complex than you make it out to be - for convinience sake or because you are wise. Besides a few exceptions you will find it hard to keep them and us theme going for long. But of course easy for me to say since I have no problem with this topic. Almost interesting since it should encourage those in to software marketing to take a look at them self when they are done singing the song about how deevaluating and hurtful piracy is. Has been here for years, is unstoppable - what is the point of declaring it unwanted? Stating the obvious for the 100th time? Better protection needed make as much sense. Deal with it in a positive way, almost accept it. So instead of them and us see pirates as potential users/customers who right now is a bit confused on which shop to enter - but make sure your shop does not like a cheap whorehouse on sale.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version