ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2009

Mark Forster's Autofocus system becomes *Superfocus*

<< < (3/3)

Paul Keith:
Thanks, I think I missed that part. I thought it was - if you can't do one of the right parts, move it back to the left column on the next page and then re-ask yourself whether you want to move it to the right side again.

As far as prioritizer, again I feel it can't be helped. So few systems respect priorities. Then there's the opposite, so many systems overvalue arbitrary priorities.

Whenever you get a truer prioritizer that's accepted by the masses, it often involves things like the two minute rule or the 15-30 day habit before dropping something rule and it just seems like a prioritizer is you already knowing what your priorities are and just re-organizing it in a linear top down model with few to no standard template of costs and effects outside of the users' own instincts.

P.S. Thank you for giving me a chance to clarify myself without going on full ignore mode.

Edit: In fairness though, SuperFocus does have a truer priority system but it's more of a backup mode:

When you visit a page which is full (i.e. both Column 1 and Column 2 are full), all Column 1 tasks on that page must be either actioned or dismissed.
--- End quote ---

Edit #2: On further magnifying on the image of Forster's notes though, it seems the right column is being a bit deceptive.

It's not just for unfinished and urgent tasks, it's for recurring habitual tasks.

The first entry seems to just be a crossed out entry of the word "Eat".

Now it may have sub-tasks and I can't verify this since I can't read the next few words but it seems unlikely considering the way SuperFocus Works.

tomos:
When you've worked on something in column #2 and want to move on - i.e. it's still unfinished, it gets re-entered in column #2, but on the following page.

Recurring tasks normally go in column #1 - but I guess, if they urgent, why not in the urgent column...
I'm only building up my list yet, I already have a couple of questions so will have to visit the forum at Forster's site at some stage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version