ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

LATEST LaunchBar Commander VERSION INFO THREAD - v1.158.01 beta - Jan 22, 2020

<< < (29/40) > >>

mouser:
Anyone tried the beta?

oblivion:
Anyone tried the beta?
-mouser (April 30, 2014, 07:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
Some people are just SO pushy. :)

I'd forgotten all about it. Cleverly.  :-[ I've picked it up now and I'll have a play with it this afternoon.

[later]

Looks fine so far, but my main host PC (this is still portable LBC on my portable hard disk) is now 64-bit Windows 7 and I couldn't persuade VirtuaWin to work on it.

I'll try it in XP with VirtuaWin later on.

In the meantime, is there any specific aspect you want tested?

xbible_yosef:
hey mouser,

yeah trying it today, moved my menu sets across, all seems good with just a few hours testing.

The new -noexit doesn't seem to work though

Also when I click on LaunchBarCommander.chm, none of the menus would show, when I right clicked this file, there was a tick to turn off some protection?   this is probably more of a Windows security thing, but never had to do this on older versions of LBC.

mouser:
v1.142.01 - May 14, 2014

* [Improvement] The preferences (configuration tree) dialog was always scrolling the top Options node out of view, making it hard to find.  This top node is now scrolled into view where it is more obvious.
* [BugFix] Automatic fixing up of form position/size on resolution change was sometimes not being engaged.
* [Improvement] Clarified onscreen instructions for adding a node that opens a folder.
* [MinorFeature] The exit menu item on launchbars can be disabled.
* [Feature] You can now use Ctrl+Shift plus Up,Down,Left,Right when in the configuration tree to move nodes around the hierarchy easily.
* [Feature] Supports use of environmental variables and %APPDIR% like replacements in command launch arguments (needs testing!).
* [Feature] An error is now reported if user tries to launch a node pointing to a non-existent file (needs testing).
* [Feature] Added new maintenance menu item to check entire tree for any filepaths that may no longer be valid (user has option for trying to auto fix them).
* [Bugfix] LBC was not properly identifying full screen applications, causing it not to unhide when it should if current window was maximized (but not full screen); if you have turned off the option to Keep LaunchBars "On Top" and you use AutoHiding docks, you should try re-enabling this option.  Should make it possible to use full screen games without LBC waking up.
* [MinorFeature] You can now set custom size of separators.
* [MinorFeature] You can now set custom margins for docking bars.
* [MinorFeature] You can now set minimum width/height for items (for entire dock or overide for single items).
* [MinorFeature] If dock is set to show item hints, those hints will now also be shown on hover when dock is minimized to tray.
* [Bugfix] LBC was not properly identifying full screen applications, causing it not to unhide when it should if current window was maximized (but not full screen); if you have turned off the option to Keep LaunchBars "On Top" and you use AutoHiding docks, you should try re-enabling this option.  Should make it possible to use full screen games without LBC waking up.

oblivion:
Just a note here to say that I finally -- too late, as usual -- got round to testing the new version with VirtuaWin under XP and it still doesn't work the way it used to.

[It didn't used to matter what the loading order was, LBC in an autohidden toolbar would appear in the VirtuaWin window in which it was used. For the last couple of versions, LBC had to be loaded before VirtuaWin for that to work -- and if the LBC config is changed, VW has to be exited and reloaded to prevent an attempted activation of LBC flipping you back to the VW window that was active when the LBC config was changed.

This is less important to me than it was: I don't use XP as much as I did -- only running it on one PC, now -- and I gave up trying to make VirtuaWin work properly with Win7 so I'm using a different solution for virtual desktops now :) ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version