ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DVCS ? (All about Git, Mercurial-Hg and the like...)

<< < (39/39)

Tuxman:
After years of using git, I really learned to love to use Mercurial for my unpaid hobby projects.
git sucks.

Deozaan:
Came across gource -- "a software version control visualization tool" -- anyone tried it out?

Sample videos and screenshots :)
-ewemoa (May 31, 2011, 04:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm replying to a post made 5 years ago.

I recently re-discovered Gource and, seeing that I now have several Mercurial repositories I could test it out on, decided to give it a try.

Here's a video of one of my smaller projects, Be Tiny, World!:

It's kind of fun seeing the history visualized like that, and being able to remember what stage the project was in when certain files were added/edited.

The first few seconds (April 2012) are my Ludum Dare 23 submission. Then I ported it to Android (May). Then I improved the GUI a bit (February 2013). Then I added Google Play Games Services (Achievements/Leaderboards), gave it a major graphical upgrade, and added a super easy "Kid Mode" to the game (September 2013). Then I put it up on Itch.io (Octoberish). Then I added a Twitter Bot to tweet out about people playing the game (April 2014). Then I added Immersive Mode (on Android) and replaced a deprecated Google Play Games Services package with a new one (November). And that was my last update to the game. :)

Deozaan:
I had fun with the last one, so I made another:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version