ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DVCS ? (All about Git, Mercurial-Hg and the like...)

<< < (20/39) > >>

ewemoa:
Under Windows XP SP3, via cmd.exe, something like the following worked:

set GIT_SSL_NO_VERIFY=true
start c:\apps\SmartGit\bin\smartgit.exe

--- End quote ---

ewemoa:
Perhaps setting http.sslVerify to false via git config is an alternative approach.

I guess that may not work if one does not want that to be a global setting and there is no repository for the setting to live in yet (because no initial clone has occurred)...

ewemoa:
On a side note, I noticed that SmartGit now supports "git init" -- IIRC, it used to be that one had to use git from the command line for this :up:

Project ->
  New Window ->
    Open an existing local or create a new repository

--- End quote ---

Armando:
ewemoa, you seem to be on the right path...
I realize I don't have enough time to delve into that ! I wish I could. Did you send a message to the developer(s) ?

On a side note, I noticed that SmartGit now supports "git init" -- IIRC, it used to be that one had to use git from the command line for this :up:

Project ->
  New Window ->
    Open an existing local or create a new repository

--- End quote ---
-ewemoa (April 22, 2012, 05:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the heads up! Didn't notice it. I asked for it a long time ago -- and, like you used the command line or tortoiseGit to to it.

Edit : actually, it was the clone --bare command I was having problems with... and while it's true I usually initialize my repos with the command line or TortoiseGit, i believe SmartGit has been offering the "Open an existing local or create a new repository" for a while (since v2.x) . I might be mistaken though...

ewemoa:
Did you send a message to the developer(s) ?
-Armando (April 23, 2012, 11:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

No I didn't.  But then, may be they will see this topic...wishful thinking?

i believe SmartGit has been offering the "Open an existing local or create a new repository" for a while (since v2.x) . I might be mistaken though...

--- End quote ---

It's quite possible I didn't know it was there earlier :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version