ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DVCS ? (All about Git, Mercurial-Hg and the like...)

<< < (26/39) > >>

wraith808:
Linus Torvalds - he tends to flip people off and call them nasty names and such - and now Evil Inc. is taking his baby and putting it into one of their big, nasty producst? Uh oh! :)
-f0dder (January 30, 2013, 03:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

That sounds like a popcorn-worthy event. :)

Jibz:
I was glad to see there is something like libgit2 that can be used for stuff like this, because quite frankly the half-baked msys smells-like-posix-spirit on top of Windows bash scripts all over the place official git is an abomination on Windows.

f0dder:
I was glad to see there is something like libgit2 that can be used for stuff like this, because quite frankly the half-baked msys smells-like-posix-spirit on top of Windows bash scripts all over the place official git is an abomination on Windows.-Jibz (January 31, 2013, 01:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, nice to see that indeed!

It's IMHO insane to start a project like Git, pretty much knowing what scope you want, and then do it as a mess of C and shell scripts. I could almost understand it if this had been 10+ years ago, written by somebody with no prior DVCS experience (and not much experience in general)... but Linus? Ugh. If you start a project like that, you build it as a proper library + commandline client (client of the library!) from day 1.

ewemoa:
I was glad to see there is something like libgit2
-Jibz (January 31, 2013, 01:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ooo, how nice.  Thanks for the link  :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
I was glad to see there is something like libgit2
-Jibz (January 31, 2013, 01:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ooo, how nice.  Thanks for the link  :Thmbsup:
-ewemoa (January 31, 2013, 07:16 AM)
--- End quote ---