ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Well, actually... or... What you need to understand is...

(1/3) > >>

Armando:
Just thought it was both funny and quite "accurate" (BTW, the "Why you are not getting laid" subtitle has nothing to do with the essence of the article). Interestingly enough, I had a conversation on exactly the same subject with a friend a couple days ago.

Your mileage may vary... Well... actually...

nudone:
Well, actually... I do get laid.

(Sorry, someone had to say it.)

40hz:
Something many programmers and technical types have trouble understanding is the notion of 'fuzzy.'

In the fuzzy universe of human interaction, high degrees of accuracy aren't necessary in order for it to function.

Those who, almost by reflex, attempt to turn what's "good enough" into what's "optimal" do so at their peril.  :'(

--------
@nudone:  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (Glad to hear it!) :Thmbsup:

cthorpe:
Nice.  :)

Couldn't find a link to the full article in your post.

http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2011/Feb-17.html

superboyac:
Something many programmers and technical types have trouble understanding is the notion of 'fuzzy.'

In the fuzzy universe of human interaction, high degrees of accuracy aren't necessary in order for it to function.

Those who, almost by reflex, attempt to turn what's "good enough" into what's "optimal" do so at their peril.  :'(

--------
@nudone:  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (Glad to hear it!) :Thmbsup:
-40hz (February 18, 2011, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
This is soooooo true.  This is probably my biggest struggle/flaw in my life.  But I'm working on it.  And as far as girls go, there's no consistency to it.  I've known girls who were attracted to this quality of mine, and others who were just disgusted by it.  Man, this article really makes me look in the mirror!  I'm totally a well actualista.   it's cool though, nobody is perfect.  My personality is well balanced out with my group of friends.  We keep each other in check.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version