ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Rant: I hate cellphones

<< < (2/4) > >>

Paul Keith:
To summarize my point, I think I'm going to paraphrase this

If you're not paying for it, you are not the customer. You are the guy selling the product you payed with your own hard earned money for free.

...or something even more simple:

We gave away our freedom to them without much of a battle, now they want to take our slavery too.

Anyways I'm obviously not thinking rational and am talking over myself a lot so now I'm not going to post anything in DC for awhile. I apologize if I was unknowingly rude to anyone.

4wd:
So it's been a while since I created a Gmail account. Lo and behold as soon as I hit the account creation menu it was asking for mobile phone number verification. Oh ****-Paul Keith (February 18, 2011, 07:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have a question: What account creation menu?

I just created a GMail account and it didn't ask for a mobile number.

Paul Keith:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=114129

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgbIQNJqOrM

tomos:
So it's been a while since I created a Gmail account. Lo and behold as soon as I hit the account creation menu it was asking for mobile phone number verification. Oh ****-Paul Keith (February 18, 2011, 07:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

-4wd (February 18, 2011, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

maybe it depends on country?

jgpaiva:
--- End quote ---

-4wd (February 18, 2011, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

maybe it depends on country?
-tomos (February 18, 2011, 11:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
There must be something else also. I've tried once to create a second account for myself and it asked for cell phone number, but just now I tried creating it in a private tab and it didn't ask me for anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version