ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

anything better than Object Dock 2 Plus?

<< < (5/10) > >>

timns:
Very interesting - and maybe worthy of a poll.

Thank you, superboyac!

nudone:
i'm away from my main machine at the moment so can't try out some of the suggestions made.

regarding price of software, i'm in superboys camp really. my income has gone up so if a program is < $20 i'll buy it on a whim. that being the crucial point as i'm buying something i'm not convinced i'll even use. Object Dock 2 Plus being the perfect example. i tried the free version and saw its potential, i then saw that the Plus version did something with "folder tabs". i've now bought and tried the Plus version and believe i shall never use it again.

maybe that's why a lot of people think anything above $10 is not worth it. because they are simply throwing money away on a program they'll not be using in a few weeks from now - especially when someone asks them why they aren't using the freeware equivalent that does just the same.

software authors really need to provide free trials to the full version.

wraith808:
My Chart

$0-25I'll buy on a whimYeah, I buy a lot of software.$26-50I'll buy with very little justificationI lied.  I buy a hell of a lot of software.$51-100I'll buy with a little more justificationI have software that I've never used.$101-250It will take some time to justifyOffice, Windows, SlickEdit, ReSharper$250+Very few software packages will I buy in this rangeDelphi, Visual Studio

superboyac:
That sounds about right to me!

Steven Avery:
Discussing price, Winstep Xtreme is on sale at Bits Du Jour.
http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/winstep-xtreme/in=todays-deals-home

Thus, under $20, in the "well, maybe, give it a whirl" area.

I'm thinking it would be more useful on the 19" monitors I use than the 23" (the taskbar being more obstrusive on a smaller monitor.)
Haven't downloaded it yet, I wonder if it is compatible with my maxmax, which I use to keep a little section on the right free for some programs,
like kill my Firefox, my Linkman dropbasket, and sometimes some notes or volume things.

May download it for trial.

Steven

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version