ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

anything better than Object Dock 2 Plus?

<< < (3/10) > >>

superboyac:
i agree with that also.  There's a lot you can do with Dopus once you start messing around with collections.  Then you have your folder formats, file type customizations, flat-file settings, folder coloring.  DOpus is extremely powerful.  Worth the price, even though I know a lot of people complain about how expensive it is.  I once tried to setup a saved layout specifically for start menu organizing, but I didn't spend enough time on it.

nudone:
Winstep Nexus is of no use, once it autohides I can't get it to show again (I'm sure it will work fine on a single monitor setup).

As for Directory Opus - when I read the help it gives the impression that specific Toolbars can be saved with specific Listers, but I've been though all the options and tried over and over and cannot do this. Perhaps I'm misinterpreting the help.

I thinking maybe another File Manger type Explorer could be used for this one task - or I could just shut-up and get on with using Dopus.

superboyac:
yeah, i don't think the toolbars can be dynamic in DOpus.

wraith808:
Winstep Nexus is of no use, once it autohides I can't get it to show again (I'm sure it will work fine on a single monitor setup).

As for Directory Opus - when I read the help it gives the impression that specific Toolbars can be saved with specific Listers, but I've been though all the options and tried over and over and cannot do this. Perhaps I'm misinterpreting the help.

I thinking maybe another File Manger type Explorer could be used for this one task - or I could just shut-up and get on with using Dopus.
-nudone (February 17, 2011, 12:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

It might be b/c of where the hotspot is.  I use it on a multi-monitor setup, and have no problem getting it to show again.  It has a *lot* of options related to that.  Also try workshelf- that was more of what I was thinking of for you.

superboyac:
I have never liked autohide in my years with computing.  I'm too picky about the settings, and most programmers put autohide in without any ability to configure it.  For me to use autohide, not only does it need to be stable and responsive, but I need to have settings for popout delay, popin delay.  And i would set it to zero so it's instant.  And when I set it to instant, it should really be instant...not buggy, where there's still a delay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version