ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

mini(scule) review of "Fileminimizer Pictures" compression tool

<< < (2/3) > >>

cranioscopical:
just keeping you on yer toes
-tomos (March 12, 2011, 03:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Accepted   :D
What a ballet nuisance that I didn't stay en point  :-[

sajman99:
Nice review Chris. :up:

Just wanted to say Fileminimizer Pictures is a useful program, and those users who want such a graphics utility for compression would also be well served to check out RIOT.

As tomos has already mentioned ;), RIOT can batch process to size--a rare feature I've found incredibly useful and time-saving. 

On the other hand, I think Fileminimzer Pictures handles more file types, so I suppose it all depends on the task at hand.

Regards

cranioscopical:
users who want such a graphics utility for compression would also be well served to check out RIOT.
Regards
-sajman99 (March 12, 2011, 06:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for posting that here.
It's good to bring up alternatives — makes the topic more useful for people looking for the 'right' software for them.

zaminur143:
Simple interface:

* collect files for compression by browsing or by drag and drop
* handles individual files or batches of files
* facilitates emailing of compressed files (compress and email in one step)
* pre-set compression levels for those wanting a little help
* custom compression levels for those with specific levels in mind
* optional context menu entry
It just works. The screenshot of the interface started as a jpg at 100% output quality. Its size was halved by this software, with a better result than that from just dropping the output quality to 50%.

-cranioscopical (February 16, 2011, 11:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks buddy. I am using free version of it. Very helpful Compression tool.

hpearce:
"Doesn't overwrite original images, although it can be forced to do that if desired."  ... this works as far as I know only if you purchase the product and is disabled on the free version.

But this is definitely a very useful utility .. should save u about 50% of your storage in my experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version