ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Can anybody recommend a free XML to PDF or RTF converter?

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
It looks like at first glance that that tool will require some serious configuration to convert an xml file to a nice output.

Sure would be nice to have something automated that maybe could read an xml file and make some reasonable assumptions in order to generate a nice looking layout.. or maybe use a kind of gui tool to let you configure the arrangements of fields for pretty printing..

timns:
It looks like at first glance that that tool will require some serious configuration to convert an xml file to a nice output.

Sure would be nice to have something automated that maybe could read an xml file and make some reasonable assumptions in order to generate a nice looking layout.. or maybe use a kind of gui tool to let you configure the arrangements of fields for pretty printing..
-mouser (February 15, 2011, 07:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like a pledge opportunity!

timns:
...which I could step up for unless anyone else fancies doing it. Let's try and co-ordinate this stuff in case several people give it a go...  :Thmbsup:

Ath:

-mouser (February 15, 2011, 07:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Quess there is a tool for that already. Didn't look close lately (researched it a bit about 5 - 7 years ago), but I wouldn't start a project without finding all the tools for creating either FOP layouts or full-blown XSLT layouts.

f0dder:
Slightly OT, but still related: I've been wanting to look into DocBook for the next school project, because frankly .doc sucks when you're collaborating and doing more than ~50 pages. But all the XSLT and FOP stuff is disheartening, looks like it's easier to go for LaTeX :/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version