ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Can anybody recommend a free XML to PDF or RTF converter?

(1/3) > >>

cranioscopical:
mouser recently implemented a mod that allows the export of personal messages. Out of curiosity I tried it out. It works very nicely. The result is a large chunk of xml.

Does anybody know of a free solution to convert xml into, say, PDF or RTF or even just plain text?

Better yet a free application that would display the .xml in a manner similar to that in the forums...

timns:
There are some freeware XML editors out there. One such is XML Edit Pro

Probably the easiest way to get some basic cleanup would be a large and clever search-and-replace job to clean out the tags.

Alternatively I'd offer to do this for you, but since it's PM's, I'd probably have to work blindfolded for the sake of your privacy ;)

Ath:
That's where XSLT comes in :)
It may be like using a hauler-truck to do the weekly shopping-mall trip, but hey, it's free: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/index.html

cranioscopical:
Probably the easiest way to get some basic cleanup would be a large and clever search-and-replace job to clean out the tags.
-timns (February 15, 2011, 05:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can manage that — didn't want to re-invent the wheel :)

I'd offer to do this for you, but since it's PM's, I'd probably have to work blindfolded for the sake of your privacy
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the offer! I'm particularly well suited to the task; I've been working in the dark for years now.

cranioscopical:
That's where XSLT comes in :)
It may be like using a hauler-truck to do the weekly shopping-mall trip, but hey, it's free: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/index.html
-Ath (February 15, 2011, 05:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip. I took a look at that. Steam hammers and walnuts spring to mind at first glance. I'll see what I can do with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version