ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

March 2011 DonationCoder.com Fundraiser Celebration -- Pledges?

<< < (23/30) > >>

mouser:
EDIT: I've moved my original reply to lotus to this thread.

mahesh2k:
As someone who donated in the last two fundraising events ($20 and $15 under a different username) my point is:

--- End quote ---
If you paid donations, then why hide behind sockpuppet ? I mean there is no need to have sockpuppet to voice your genuine query. Unless ofcourse you have some no good intentions for starting some mess. It socks to see sockpuppet ya know.

Where did all the money go to?
--- End quote ---

Do checkout hosting fees of softlayer dedicated servers for 2 years. Do get info from mouser about two servers that DC owns and the size of dedicated servers( space and bandwidth). Once you get all this info then come and rant the same negative tune in two different threads.

skwire:
Where did all the money go to?-lotusrootstarch (February 25, 2011, 01:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do you realise what it costs to host a site of this magnitude?  It's hardly free.

lotusrootstarch:
Where did all the money go to?-lotusrootstarch (February 25, 2011, 01:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do you realise what it costs to host a site of this magnitude?  It's hardly free.
-skwire (February 25, 2011, 01:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure tell me why we need such a beefy ($300/month?) server for just:

175 Guests, 24 Users (2 Hidden) Users active in past 30 minutes:

I can host such a site (which is basically now a low-activity forum) for $50 a month on a VPS, that is $600 a year in server costs.

Really correct me if I'm wrong, kindly give me an example of a reputable $50 VPS that cannot handle the load or traffic.

lotusrootstarch:
175 Guests, 24 Users (2 Hidden) Users active in past 30 minutes:

(that is just ONE active user activity every 10 seconds, do you even call that load?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version