ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

March 2011 DonationCoder.com Fundraiser Celebration -- Pledges?

<< < (11/30) > >>

mouser:
these have to be serious non-trivial things that we can feature on the home page that will honestly interest people.

barney:
Considering timns comment - lack of buzz - would this scenario be appropriate?  Say I make a monetary pledge (to be determined by my bank account  :D).  Then some part or all of it would be reallocated to each person that contributed an app/software/script?  It's rather obvious that most of the creators here do so by choice, but 'twould seem a nice incentive/recognition in regard to their efforts.  Granted, that incentive/recognition would not be substantial for any given individual - more like giving children a lollipop for cleaning their bedroom(s) - but it would be concrete evidence of a task achieved.

You don't seem to be particularly fond of that concept, mouser, but my public radio station is in process of finishing up a pledge drive, and this would be somewhat in line with their process(es), so it's fresh in my mind.

I also like the thermometer concept, but with a twist.  An indicator - no names attached - of pledges completed.  Then link to those completions, although that might best be done when the challenge/pledge period is over, so as to avoid identifying anyone in particular.  It might be presented in parallel with a dollar thermometer.

Does any of that make sense?  Maybe help merge the disparate concepts that have been voiced?

Edit:  six (6) new posts since I started this, but none seem to obviate it.

mouser:
I think it's a very nice idea to have people be able to contribute directly to those people who helped the site during the fundraiser.

What if at the end of the fundraiser we had a page up with all the people who participated by pledging and creating something during the fundraiser, and people could then allocate their donationcredits (from when they donated) to them as well as to the site fund.

mouser:
My favorite idea so far about the fundraiser was to focus on the idea of trying to get all of the people who have signed up for the newsletter and registered on the site to finally make their first donation.. If we could only think of something that would motivate these people, who probably aren't frequent visitors, to make their first donation..

barney:
My favorite idea so far about the fundraiser was to focus on the idea of trying to get all of the people who have signed up for the newsletter and registered on the site to finally make their first donation.. If we could only think of something that would motivate these people, who probably aren't frequent visitors, to make their first donation..
-mouser (February 21, 2011, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ouch!  That also falls in line with the public radio fund raiser that is going on locally - maybe 5%-10% of listeners actually contribute, according to quotes, but I suspect it's closer to 3% of the listening populace ... I suspect the DC situation is much the same.  A few give money, a few do work, most just browse.  If you can solve that conundrum, I'd like to be your agent  ;) :-*.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version