ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

March 2011 DonationCoder.com Fundraiser Celebration -- Pledges?

<< < (25/30) > >>

mouser:
One last thought -- I think it might be productive to have a thread on things we are doing poorly here on DC -- and ways we could improve.  There is always room for that.

But if you think about it -- what are we asking people to do during the fundraiser?  Donate whatever amount they want -- commensurate with the benefits they get from the site.  It seems kind of hard to argue that we haven't done enough to warrant asking people to donate what they feel the site is worth to them..

ANYWAY,

let's get back to keeping this thread positive and on topic -- and i'll invite loutus to start a new thread for discussing constructive (hopefully!) criticism.

lotusrootstarch:
Mouser u know ur argument, while seemingly valid, is like saying Red Cross does not need to have accountability for the donations they receive -- because people are free to donate whatever amount they like, whatever they feel the org is worth to them.

I know that when the fund-raising event gets scheduled, it's done on time. And to hell with the roadmap, the planned stuff, the ideas, they all get sidetracked and mothballed until next time there's an event like the fundraiser and all these get brought up to the front all over again and then forgotten again.

If we were to bring back today someone who initially visited the site and participated on the forum back in 2009 when he donated during the fundraiser, will he be able to perceive any noticeable development to the site after two years of absence?

I'll bet he'll have a strong feeling of "isn't that the same old sh*?".

lotusrootstarch:
[removed]

tomos:
@ lotusrootstarch -
I'm wondering why you keep coming back - i.e. what (if anything) do you find positive here to make it worth your while coming back and posting.

lotusrootstarch:
@ lotusrootstarch -
I'm wondering why you keep coming back - i.e. what (if anything) do you find positive here to make it worth your while coming back and posting.
-tomos (February 25, 2011, 05:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Because you guys can potentially do better but with all the yes-sayers and fanboys around it's pretty hard to really move ahead you know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version