ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > What's the Best?

Anti-Virus Package

<< < (27/29) > >>

biox:
Somebody please enlighten me. How would they actually know that you use it commercially?

Similar to that AlwaySync where the developers think that synchronizing once a day is too much for private use.

Really, I have no idea. I use my lapdogs at home and at the uni but use some 'free for private use' software. Am I commiting a crime :tellme: :o

tomos:
Somebody please enlighten me. How would they actually know that you use it commercially?
I use my lapdogs at home and at the uni but use some 'free for private use' software. Am I commiting a crime :tellme: :o
-biox (April 16, 2009, 05:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
I dont think so - and wouldnt care if I was you ;)
it's more if you're registered as self-employed or as a business -
then you can get checked up on (probably varies from country to country)
These days there's so much good cheap or free software I made a decision to stick to the rules - it's one less thing to worry about

biox:
I dont think so - and wouldnt care if I was you ;)
it's more if you're registered as self-employed or as a business -
then you can get checked up on (probably varies from country to country)
These days there's so much good cheap or free software I made a decision to stick to the rules - it's one less thing to worry about-tomos (April 16, 2009, 06:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

In no way did I mean to imply that I care ;) I'm self employed, lecture at several universities and had of course (according to local law) to register that as a business. Confusing enough? Good :D

I know about free software and use it a lot, what interests me is the technology or whatever behind them checking if it's private or not. AlwaySync and some others do this by limiting the times you can use it in a given period of time but how about the others? BTW I bought GoodSync because AlwaySync, as good as it is, p****d me off.

tomos:
In no way did I mean to imply that I care ;)
-biox (April 16, 2009, 05:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
gotcha lol
No, the aspect I was considering was someone physically checking up your computer to see what liscences you have.

biox:
gotcha lol
No, the aspect I was considering was someone physically checking up your computer to see what liscences you have.
-tomos (April 16, 2009, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're funnier then you think. I live and work in Thailand were even govt. offices run on cracked software. That's however something I hate. When I as a poorly paid individual can buy a license why can't the government?

We are somehow way off topic here :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version