ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > What's the Best?

Anti-Virus Package

<< < (26/29) > >>

lanux128:
Samer from freewaregenius.com did a comparison of "the best free antivirus" recently.. not sure if it was discussed here already but the interesting fact for me was that AVG managed to reduce the number of false positives significantly, very helpful when working with scripts and batch files..

biox:
Samer from freewaregenius.com did a comparison of "the best free antivirus" recently.. not sure if it was discussed here already but the interesting fact for me was that AVG managed to reduce the number of false positives significantly, very helpful when working with scripts and batch files..-lanux128 (April 14, 2009, 07:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately a little too late. The false positives 'attacks' twice within 10 month made me give up on AVG and buy Avast. I still think that AVG is one of the best AV programmes out there but when it told me (after a regular update) that FARR is a a virus I gave up. For now it's Avast Pro, PC tools FW and Thread Fire. Naturally Thread Fire doesn't have problem with this FW but it does with many others.

tomos:
does anyone know of a reasonable anti-virus that's also free for commercial use ?

I'm presuming Comodo would be free that way, seeing as they dont have a paid version
Actually there's not much reference to Comodo anti-virus here (& most references are quite old now) - anyone got experience there?

It's for a vista laptop (for a family member who last year paid Norton a huge fee and is now broke lol)

biox:
does anyone know of a reasonable anti-virus that's also free for commercial use ?

I'm presuming Comodo would be free that way, seeing as they dont have a paid version
Actually there's not much reference to Comodo anti-virus here (& most references are quite old now) - anyone got experience there?

It's for a vista laptop (for a family member who last year paid Norton a huge fee and is now broke lol)
-tomos (April 15, 2009, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I guess the best way would be to sign up here http://forums.comodo.com/help_for_comodo_antivirus-b86.0/ and read a little through the admittedly numerous posts.

Edit: My Tyyping skills are at their bestest at the moment.

rjbull:
-tomos (April 15, 2009, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe ClamWin?  But it scans files only, and doesn't have a real-time scanner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version