ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I'm so old, I remember when people paid Microsoft to use their software

<< < (2/5) > >>

superboyac:
It's a messy business.  I think I'm going to miss the days where I could buy cool new gadgets without a monthly subscription fee for something or other that will come with it.

Eóin:
Nokia really had no choice but to switch OS, and the two options were either Android or Windows Phone. I'm a big Android fan myself, but only time will tell if Nokia and MS succeed.

superboyac:
Nokia really had no choice but to switch OS, and the two options were either Android or Windows Phone. I'm a big Android fan myself, but only time will tell if Nokia and MS succeed.
-Eóin (February 14, 2011, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
I hope MS can come up with an awesome phone/tablet OS with Windows 8 or whatever they have planned.  Either that, or I hope Android becomes better for tablets and can do something about the fragmentation.

40hz:
I hope Android becomes better for tablets and can do something about the fragmentation.
-superboyac (February 14, 2011, 09:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

The problem is the telcos all decided they were no longer going to get consigned to doing nothing other than provide the conduit like AT&T does for the iPhone. Most telcos thought AT&T "sold out the industry" when it caved in on Apple's demands in order to get an exclusive on the iPhone.

So in light of this, I'm afraid 'droid fragmentation is going to continue as long as Android needs the telcos more than the telcos need Android.

:(

40hz:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version