ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is my computer hiccuping every few seconds?

<< < (12/12)

superboyac:
Firefox's "awesomebar" is definitely a nice addition.  But I don't use it because i can't control it at all.  For example, let's say I entered an address and I mispelled it, but pressed enter anyway.  Well, I'd like to remove that entry from firerfox's "memory".  Also, I may want to remove other addresses from there selectively.  There's no way to go in there and start messing around with everything.  So i don't use it for that reason.  I rely on Linkman for bookmarking and finding addresses I want.

It's just like the Outlook address history which I have cursed pretty thoroughly in a thread here.  You can't go in the place where all those addresses are stored and mess around.  Oh man, don't even remind me.  I absolutely HATE the way outlook/exchange handles contacts, addresses, displayed names, cc, ...basically anything that has to do with keeping the contacts inside the program.  Their implementation is horrific.

Bamse:
You can just press DEL for the entry you want to ignore/delete. Or use Library tool. But yes they should extend the already awesome bar. Not so sure about search features, there are extensions for this already, but make it more clear how powerful it actually is. Perhaps add a rollover button or 2, giving access to queries/filters (older than 20 days, only show .com for example) Let users tinker with queries (made in library, can already save search queries/results) without making it too complicated. They could start with adding a "how many results to show" in Options. Some might prefer 25 results instead of default 12 or what it is.

Outertech Support:
At Outertech we've investigated Firefox performance problems several times and in 90% of the cases they were related to SQLite. The number of transactions Firefox is sending to the SQLite handler is simply unbelievable. Even more so if the browser is idle. It starts all kinds of database "optimizations" which cause constant disk activity. This was the reason why we have decided to invest time to create Chrome and Opera Addons for Linkman (which have been released today).

superboyac:
At Outertech we've investigated Firefox performance problems several times and in 90% of the cases they were related to SQLite. The number of transactions Firefox is sending to the SQLite handler is simply unbelievable. Even more so if the browser is idle. It starts all kinds of database "optimizations" which cause constant disk activity. This was the reason why we have decided to invest time to create Chrome and Opera Addons for Linkman (which have been released today).
-Outertech Support (March 07, 2011, 12:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
Very nice.  Thanks for continuing to improve the program.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version