ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is my computer hiccuping every few seconds?

<< < (10/12) > >>

Bamse:
Look for places.last_vacuum

f0dder:
Look for places.last_vacuum-Bamse (February 10, 2011, 03:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
That is present - but is it related to the session state? :)

Bamse:
If Session thingy work on places.sqlite it could be or why not. Places is the big one but there are other files. None should be corrupted for smooth operations. If not then may be session saving gets screwed up. New profile, new test - same or better? I don't think Mozilla know how it works internally so trial and error is the way to go ;)

I have tried increasing session saving interval but could never tell any difference.

4wd:
Look for places.last_vacuum-Bamse (February 10, 2011, 03:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
That is present - but is it related to the session state? :)
-f0dder (February 10, 2011, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Now see, that's what happens when you don't follow instructions:

Open up about:config and use a vacuum filter, (make sure it's HEPAw rated - wouldn't want any nasty bugs getting into Firefox):
-4wd (February 09, 2011, 06:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

40hz:
On a related note, could somebody please explain to me what Mozilla was trying to accomplish with Firefox that they needed to drag SQLite into their equation? I don't see anything in a browser's function that necessitates incorporating a whole database engine. Especially an SQL/relational data engine.

And if they really did need a lightweight database, there are far better choices out there than SQLite - and better data models than a relational one.

So what were they trying to do/prove/sell that they took this direction? Because most of their published "reasons" amount to little more than an assertion it was "necessary "coupled with some farfetched scenarios to "prove" it was a smart decision.

I'm more than a little familiar with databases and their underlying technologies. I was heavily involved in database design and programming at one point in my career. But even so, the direction Firefox took still doesn't make much sense to me.

What am I missing here? :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version