ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is there a right-click menu tool to quickly resize images?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Renegade:
I thought so but it doesn't work for me - not a big issue as I can start it really quickly and then it's right there for me to use.
-deano (February 06, 2011, 05:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm... That's odd. What OS are you on? (I've not tested on Windows 2000 as it is not in the list of .NET 4 supported systems.)

deano:
I thought so but it doesn't work for me - not a big issue as I can start it really quickly and then it's right there for me to use.
--- End quote ---

Hmmm... That's odd. What OS are you on? (I've not tested on Windows 2000 as it is not in the list of .NET 4 supported systems.)
-Renegade (February 06, 2011, 06:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Windows 7 Home.  I didn't see a shortcut created when I ran the exe so created my own...

I basically assume that most things won't run on Win 2000 anymore  :'(

Renegade:
--- End quote ---

-Renegade (February 06, 2011, 06:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Windows 7 Home.  I didn't see a shortcut created when I ran the exe so created my own...

I basically assume that most things won't run on Win 2000 anymore  :'(
-deano (February 06, 2011, 06:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Odd. There should be a desktop icon by default.

I checked, and that *should* work...

It will take me a bit to test as I don't have a Windows 7 Home VM setup yet. (Gotta hit MSDN & download first.)

superboyac:
deano, this doesn't exactly match what you are looking for as far as a one click solution, but you may find it handy.  i used this program when I had to do a lot of fiddling with image sizes and what not when i first made my website.  Now, I just do it manually because I have more control for cropping in particular.  But check it out, I mentioned it in a thread here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=14095.msg121947#msg121947

The program is called Thumbnailer.

Oh!!  I totally forgot about a great program I bought several years ago and never used.  To answer my question above, there's a program called Thumbnailer that is amazing for this sort of thing.  And the last time I used it, they were on version 6 or something.  Now it's version 9.  It's awesome.  It can resize images just the way I was describing above with a couple of clicks.  Awesome awesome awesome!!

I highly recommend this program.  I remember researching similar programs back then, and this was hands down the most powerful, customizeable thumbnail creation program.
--- End quote ---

Renegade:
Got the context menu done now:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=25391.msg235608#msg235608

That just opens up the program with the picture loaded. You still need to resize & save. It's 1 less step anyways.

Also, you can cycle through presets now. See the thread above for what they are & how (i.e. F2, F3, -, +)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version