ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is there a right-click menu tool to quickly resize images?

(1/4) > >>

deano:
Has anyone written a bit of software where I can right-click on an images file and then hover over a "Resize to..." option (or similar) which then reveals common file size options e.g 640 x 480, 800 x 600 etc and user-defined choices.

I often use software that outputs images to set sizes and I then have to open them in IrfanView and then click the various menu options to get the job done.  I already use an old program called Picaview for quick previewing and filetype conversion - it's just missing an option to resize.

Renegade:
Has anyone written a bit of software where I can right-click on an images file and then hover over a "Resize to..." option (or similar) which then reveals common file size options e.g 640 x 480, 800 x 600 etc and user-defined choices.

I often use software that outputs images to set sizes and I then have to open them in IrfanView and then click the various menu options to get the job done.  I already use an old program called Picaview for quick previewing and filetype conversion - it's just missing an option to resize.
-deano (February 06, 2011, 03:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've written a simple program, but it has no context menu integration with Windows Explorer. It's Photo Resizer in this thread. You can drag & drop a photo onto the desktop icon then resize it.

Not quite what you asked about, but it's very simple.

One other thing -- there are no presets. Resizing is visual with the size slider.

tomos:
doesnt the ms image resizer "power toy" work via the context menu?
I havent tried it so dont know if it fulfills your wishlist...

https://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

deano:
doesnt the ms image resizer "power toy" work via the context menu?
I havent tried it so dont know if it fulfills your wishlist...

https://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
-tomos (February 06, 2011, 03:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good suggestion, however image resizer is XP only and I'm using Windows 2000 and Windows 7  :(

AndyM:
I've written a simple program, but it has no context menu integration with Windows Explorer.
-Renegade (February 06, 2011, 03:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's not hard to add a simple context menu entry for a particular file type/extension.

Use the Folder Options dialog, File Type tab, navigate to the various file types by extension (.jpg, .bmp, .png, .gif, etc) and use the Advanced tab to add a menu entry:  name of entry and file to run, usually with a "%1" parameter to pass the name of the file to the executable - keep the quotes to allow for filenames with spaces.

If you don't see an Advanced tab, but instead a Restore tab, there's an extra step and a caution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version