ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DC Member Programs and Projects

Live Screensaver

<< < (3/3)

michaewlewis:
Just visiting this site again and noticed that the dimsaver.scr program sort of does what I'm looking for. It dims the screen, while still allowing updates through and then runs another screensaver after an amount of time. I can set the timeout to 3-4 hours and dim the screen to 200 and it might be alright. Is it possible to add a moving object to the dim saver? How about a 10 pixel inverse vertical line 100% screen height that moves left to right during the dim state?

kobi7:
hi, here's a possible solution for you.
It would work assuming you mostly watch the screen and rarely interact with it.
what is it?
it's a black box that walks the screen.
the black box is small 2px * 2px, so it doesn't hide too much.
it moves, and waits 10 milliseconds (1/100 second)

I assume it's enough to draw to a portion of the screen for it to be "refreshed".
it may use something like 2% of cpu time on modest computers.

you can still see it running, so an optimization would be to compute all positions in the screen, and randomly take a different one each time.
another optimization would be to make the drawing a bit faster (using windows calls instead of c#'s), or make the timer have a smaller interval.

The time it takes to visit all the locations on the screen depends on the resolution of the screen.
you can try and see if it's ok for you.

to close click the "Form1" in Taskbar, and press alt+f4.
a really quick job, i didn't even make a title. :/

Enjoy, kobi

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version