ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google's overweening conceit (anti-Eric Schmidt rant)

(1/3) > >>

zridling:
Alan Mitchell on Google's Overweening Conceit. A must read for all those who believe in technology solutions. And let me just say: Eric Schmidt: who the hell does he think he is!
http://community.brandrepublic.com/blogs/reinventing_marketing/archive/2011/01/13/google-s-overweening-conceit.aspx

Excerpts:
“You are never lost. Now your smartphone knows your position. So do your friends.

“Your car. Your car should be able to drive itself. It knows where it is, it knows where the other cars are, it knows where you are going. The car should take you where you want to go.

“This explosion of real-time telemetry which is a fantastic explosion of information is the defining computer science data challenge.”

40hz:
I am so much more than any of the technologies I choose to employ.

Why can't  "I'm a Mac" and "I'm a PC" understand that?  :-\

Stoic Joker:
I am so much more than any of the technologies I choose to employ.

Why can't  "I'm a Mac" and "I'm a PC" understand that?  :-\
-40hz (February 02, 2011, 09:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

I feel like a number,
I'm not a number,
I feel like a number,
Damnit I'm a man...

(you know the song)

40hz:
^There you go man!
Keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles.
It riles them to believe
That you perceive
The web they weave.
And keep on thinking free.
------/-----

Bet you know this song too! :Thmbsup:  ;D

Deozaan:
I don't know either of those songs.

But yeah, Eric Schmidt is creepy. It's Orwellian. This kind of stuff is how we become enslaved. "You're too stupid to know what's best for yourself, but don't worry your pretty little head. We'll decide for you."

Anyone see the Disney/Pixar film Wall*E? That's basically what he's describing as the future of humanity...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version