ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Cracking the Scratch Lottery Code

<< < (2/3) > >>

housetier:
A very cool story that will keep me off Lottery for a while. I played a couple of times as a kid, but somehow the lack of reward made it unappealing.

I would have taken advantage...

Deozaan:
I'm just another voice chiming in to say it was a cool story.

I've never done the lottery, and don't intend to. Unless someone tells me how to crack it, perhaps.  :D

tomos:
A very cool story that will keep me off Lottery for a while. I played a couple of times as a kid, but somehow the lack of reward made it unappealing.
-housetier (February 02, 2011, 02:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

for one full year, I bought a lotto scratch card every week - the odds of winning something on these cards were supposed to be 1:9.
I gave up after the year, havent bought a scratch card since

(yes, I do buy the other ones - especailly when I'm broke...)

Renegade:
I buy lottery tickets every now and then, but very rarely. If I spend $20 a year, that's a lot. It's fun. You for a brief moment get to imagine another life of freedom.

I absolutely would have gamed the system as much as possible. And I wouldn't have felt guilty in the least. :D

Deozaan:
I love this part:

Instead of secretly plundering the game, he decided to go to the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation. Srivastava thought its top officials might want to know about his discovery. Who knows, maybe they’d even hire him to give them statistical advice. “People often assume that I must be some extremely moral person because I didn’t take advantage of the lottery,” he says. “I can assure you that that’s not the case. I’d simply done the math and concluded that beating the game wasn’t worth my time.”
--- End quote ---

-mouser (February 02, 2011, 12:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

I thought that part was really funny, too. More for the fact that he wanted to make sure that everybody knew he was "immoral" but that it just wasn't worth the effort.

Reminds me of a clip from a Futurama episode that went something like this:

Some Guy: "If I wasn't so lazy I'd punch your lights out!"
Fry: "But you are lazy, right?"
Some Guy: "Oh, don't get me started!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version