topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: IDEA: Block/Unblock all network traffic button (one-click)  (Read 42945 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Block/Unblock all network traffic button (one-click)
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2011, 06:26 PM »
You're right, strange it didn't do it when I initially had it going.  Oh well, back to the drawing board, looks like I broke something when I added the All Interfaces.

Did v0.21 work OK, (removes the All Interfaces selection)?  DOH! No one had downloaded it.

Rephrase: Does v0.21 work OK?

Reattached below.
I just tried this one again.  It works pretty well.  Could you add the additional interface options from 0.25 to 0.21 ?  That would be pretty complete, in my opinion.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2011, 08:15 PM »
Right, last attempt before I head off OS - if something doesn't work properly you'll have to wait a while longer.

v0.28
Added All Interfaces back.

NOTES:
  • Status of the interface(s) is checked five (5) seconds after the toggle event, so don't expect the tray icon to change immediately.
  • If All Interfaces is selected then if any one (1) of available NICs is enabled then the icon reflects this state irrespective of that NICs connection state, connection state != device state.
    eg. If there is no cable plugged into the NIC port but the device is enabled then the icon will be green.

There was no easy/reliable method to check for a LAN connection so I've defaulted to only checking device state.

EDIT: I might change it so that a different colour icon is displayed if there's a mix of (dis|en)abled NICs.  A nice muddy brown for instance.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 05:58 PM by 4wd »

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2011, 12:27 AM »
Right, last attempt before I head off OS - if something doesn't work properly you'll have to wait a while longer.

v0.28
Added All Interfaces back.

NOTES:
  • Status of the interface(s) is checked five (5) seconds after the toggle event, so don't expect the tray icon to change immediately.
  • If All Interfaces is selected then if any one (1) of available NICs is enabled then the icon reflects this state irrespective of that NICs connection state, connection state != device state.
    eg. If there is no cable plugged into the NIC port but the device is enabled then the icon will be green.

There was no easy/reliable method to check for a LAN connection so I've defaulted to only checking device state.

EDIT: I might change it so that a different colour icon is displayed if there's a mix of (dis|en)abled NICs.  A nice muddy brown for instance.
by the way, I just have to say, my favorite part of this whole thread is being able to follow your thoughts as you describe the process.  I love it.  I can see how you are coming up with your ideas, and how you work through them.  Thanks.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2011, 01:04 AM »
by the way, I just have to say, my favorite part of this whole thread is being able to follow your thoughts as you describe the process.  I love it.  I can see how you are coming up with your ideas, and how you work through them.  Thanks.

Does that mean I could have just told you what might be happening without actually doing or writing anything ?

I'll have to remember that for next time......

;)

mauzer_tim

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2011, 09:08 PM »
Hi there,
You can also try our new tool InternetOff. It allows you to quickly turn off\on your internet connection from the system tray. Fully freeware. But in beta state and 32 bit version only. Feel free to send us any comments

turnon.png

Actually it was made for own needs - as a small productivity helper, but it seems it's exactly what TC asked so I posted here.

Igor Tkachenko,
Crystal Rich Ltd CEO,
http://crystalrich.com/