ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

My new favorite ftp client: Total Commander (yes, really)

<< < (3/3)

Mark0:
Another +1 for Total Commander here!
I use it for all kind of things, and FTP is surely one of them.

tranglos:
As much as I love TC and use it for everything, including FTP most of the time, I do also use FileZilla for any larger files. This is because I've noticed that TC always uses exactly half of the available bandwidth.

My outgoing connection isn't very fast, about 70 kbps max, and FileZilla will use all of it, while TC tops at 35 kbps every time. Unless I'm missing something that's going to be obvious in hindsight, there doesn't seem to be a throttle setting in the configuration,  yet some kind of throttling appears to be in effect.

However, for sheer convenience, nothing beats an ftp interface that's integrated with your default file manager. I only use FileZilla to upload really large files.

fenixproductions:
Although I am TC fan, I was using FileZilla for a long time. It ended up when I had discovered that FZ does not store passwords in secure way.

@superboyac
AFAIR Christian Ghisler had temporary FTP account on DC for TC testing purposes.

Mark0:
My outgoing connection isn't very fast, about 70 kbps max, and FileZilla will use all of it, while TC tops at 35 kbps every time. Unless I'm missing something that's going to be obvious in hindsight, there doesn't seem to be a throttle setting in the configuration,  yet some kind of throttling appears to be in effect.-tranglos (January 31, 2011, 07:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

tranglos, check if this helps:
Total Commander - FTP upload mistery
For some users, it helped to increase the upload block size. You may try this too: Please add the following string to the file wcx_ftp.ini, section [General]:
UploadBlockSize=32768
--- End quote ---

tranglos:
tranglos, check if this helps:
Total Commander - FTP upload mistery
For some users, it helped to increase the upload block size. You may try this too: Please add the following string to the file wcx_ftp.ini, section [General]:
UploadBlockSize=32768
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Mark, will try!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version